Friday, September 29, 2017

66. TORINO -Tavola Doc - 1


I had assumed that there would be no problem with finding and getting into a cooking school [for non professionals] in Torino as there appeared to be many schools on the web. I discovered that some no longer existed and those that did gave lessons intermittently. Also, I wanted a school that taught regional [piedmontese] cooking and not sushi, hamburgers, and American “finger-food”. Nor did I want a school that catered to English speakers. Unfortunately, the classes I wanted were in March or April. One school, Foodlab, did warn me that their classes would fill up quickly, but I assumed it was just “marketing”. It was too true, so when it came close to the time to leave I had signed for only three classes at Foodlab. This proved in the end a stroke of luck because I then heard from Claudio Buraglini, the owner of Tavola Doc, who offered private lessons at a very reasonable rate. It was almost half the price of a group lesson at Foodlab, let alone private lessons at any of the other schools.
So for the month of May ending on June 3rd, , and with the exception of three Wednesdays at Foodlab, I attended classes four times a week at TavolaDoc, owned and run by Claudio Buraglini. Each class lasted for about three hours and then we sat down and ate [and drank].